Friday, March 14, 2008

Working on Houses

The first week has come to an end and it has been a good week. We have been building houses for some Katrina victims in Pascagula, MS. I have built brick/sand walk ways to the houses and then spackled dry wall and everything else that is involved with dry walling houses. I am getting a very nice tan now and the weather is gorgeous (mid and high 70's). The humidity started getting stronger today, but it still feels nice. The only bad thing about this week is that i have poison ivy all over my arms and its starting to spread to my chest, sides, and leg.

Tomorrow all the AmeriCorps in the Gulf Coast is going to a large symposiom in Baton Ruge, Luisiana. We have two classes during the day, i am taking Go AmeriGreen and an info session on becoming a Team Leader. My team was selected by the much higher ups to go on stage at the very end of the day and stand in front of everyone to recite the AmeriCorps Pledge. Well I am going to go and see 10,000 B.C. or possibly go to the beach I am not sure yet. I will talk to y'all later.

No comments: